After posting these on social media last week, I am posting my version of stuffed peppers! I actually eat these for my second meal (breakfast) some weeks. It meets my protein needs, high carb post workout, and vegetables. Currently, I am skipping fat in the mornings, so you can leave off the olive oil and low fat cheese if you are doing the same. These are excellent reheated. Enjoy!
- 16 oz lean ground beef (the leanest you can find)
- salt, pepper, cumin, garlic powder, cilantro to taste
- 1 T olive oil
- 8 Large green, yellow, red or orange peppers,
- 1/2 cup brown rice per pepper, or approximately 4 cups cooked
- Fresh salsa (I typically purchase the fresh kind in the produce section)
- Low fat shredded cheese for topping